We are the Church of England parish which covers Shelf and Buttershaw.
The parish church of St Michael and All Angels has been serving the people of Shelf since 1850. With its location on Halifax Road, and prominent spire, it has become a well-loved landmark in the area.
Many generations of people have valued the dignified Church of England worship offered in our lovely and well-kept building. More recently we have upgraded our facilities and modernised our worship to meet the needs of a new generation.
The smaller and more modern St Aidan's Church was built in 2000, replacing another building which had stood nearby for several decades.
It is a multi-purpose, flexible space which can be used for midweek community events as well Sunday worship.
St Aidan's mainly serves the community of Buttershaw, and continues to share the love of God with the people who live in that community.